Physicians who fail to properly diagnose a heart attack may be liable for the damages and losses suffered by the victim and their family. At Larson Law Firm, P.C., we focus on protecting the rights and well-being of heart attack diagnostic error victims throughout the Minot, North Dakota area.
With more than 35 years of experience handling complex injury cases, we have the skill and knowledge needed to help you pursue compensation for all financial and emotional losses.
We serve victims who have suffered number of significant medical conditions following an incorrect heart attack diagnosis, including:
• Additional discomfort: Even minor heart attacks cause significant pain and discomfort to their victim. Without the proper treatment, a patient may suffer unnecessary pain and discomfort for extended periods.
• Life-changing medical conditions: Heart attacks may lead to lasting medical conditions, including brain injuries, loss of motor function and more. Left untreated, a heart attack victim may suffer avoidable conditions.
• Death: Untreated heart attack victims are at significant risk of death. Without the correct treatment, a heart attack is very likely to be fatal.
The consequences of a heart attack diagnosis error are significant, making it important that physicians correctly and quickly identify and treat the condition.
How do heart attack misdiagnosis cases occur?
Physicians diagnose medical conditions based on the symptoms the patient presents. The most common signs and symptoms of a heart attack include:
• Pain or discomfort in the chest, neck or abdominal region
• Shortness of breath
• Blackouts or fainting
• Anxiety or irrational fear
• Nausea or vomiting
• Excessive sweating
• Feeling light-headed
Unfortunately, these symptoms are common across several serious medical conditions. In many cases, the commonality of symptoms leads to misdiagnosis of heart attacks.
Contact Our Firm to Learn More About Your Rights as a Victim in North Dakota
At Larson Law Firm, P.C., we represent victims and families who have suffered losses resulting from a physician’s failure to diagnose a heart attack. Contact us online or call us toll free at 701-484-HURT to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case today.