Bakken Oil Field Accidents & Injuries
Oil and gas extraction workers are killed on the job at a rate seven times greater than the fatality rate for all other U.S. industries. If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed while working in this industry, Larson Law Firm P.C. can help you seek justice and full compensation.
There are simply too many injuries and deaths in the oil extraction industry in North Dakota. The AFL-CIO issued a report that showed North Dakota has the highest rate of worker deaths in the nation — and half of these fatalities were in the oil and gas extraction industry.
With nearly 200 rigs now operating in the western part of the state, the number of accidents, injuries and deaths will continue to rise. The oil boom in the area has been good for the economy, but it has proven to be harmful for many workers in the industry. In 2013, more than 3,200 oil field workers were injured in a work related accident. The dangers and hazards affect all workers in the industry, including drivers, welders, and derrick workers using hoists and cranes.
Injuries sustained by workers can range from minor to serious, catastrophic or fatal. Lives are often lost and workers are permanently disabled or face catastrophic injuries. When those injuries or deaths occur, the pursuit of justice could not be more important. Families suffer unimaginable grief, personal turmoil, and loss at the sudden death of a loved one. They may face incredible challenges when a loved one becomes disabled while working in the oil fields of North Dakota.
At Larson Law Firm P.C., we understand that justice must be served and the responsible parties held accountable. We are ready to take on the oil giants and their lawyers, smaller companies or other enterprises that are responsible for what happened. We have years of litigation experience. As trial lawyers, we have the depth of knowledge and experience necessary to bring a case to a positive conclusion.
Your Right to A Safe Workplace
Everyone involved in oil field exploration and drilling, whether a large oil or gas company, a smaller private subcontracting firm or a servicing company, is required to adhere to OSHA safety regulations. As an oil field worker, you have the right to a workplace that is free from known hazards and that complies with safety standards and rules as outlined in the OSH Act. Those companies must:
- Have ongoing examinations of all areas of the work site to keep OSHA safety standards current.
- Ensure that workers have the correct tools and equipment, and that they are properly maintained.
- Warn workers through signs, posters and labels of the various hazards in different areas of the work site.
- Establish, update and keep current with all safety and health requirements, ensuring all oil field workers are informed of changes.
- Provide safety training, including in different languages when necessary.
- Train workers on how to handle toxic exposure and the precautions to avoid injury or death.
- Report fatalities within 8 hours when 3 or more workers are injured and hospitalized.
- Provide workers with access to the Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses.
- Ban discrimination against employees based on race, religion, country of origin, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Post citations when violations of OSHA standards have been identified and to rectify these departures from standards within strict time limits.
Types of Injuries in Oil Field Accidents in North Dakota
Common oil field accidents that have devastated families and destroyed lives include:
- Oil field Truck Accident
- Oil field Accident
- Oil field Explosions & Fire
- Oil field Blowouts
- Collapsed Rigs
- Exposure to Toxic Fumes
- Verdicts & Settlements
Larson Law Firm P.C. is Your North Dakota Law Firm for Oil Field Injuries
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or has died in an oil field accident, hiring Mr. Larson may be the smartest move you’ll ever make. Mr. Larson believes in working aggressively for his clients. Isn’t that who you want working on your case?
- Larson is one of only 19 certified civil trial specialists in North Dakota, of which only 7 dedicate themselves to representing the rights of injured people.
- He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum — one of only 4,000 lawyers nationwide! He knows how to handle and win the tough cases.
- Larson is a certified Pretrial Specialist.
- His former clients know they were fortunate to have Mr. Larson represent their case, as he knows how to get the job done.
We Protect Oil Field Workers
Larson Law Firm P.C. has been protecting the rights of injured workers for over 35 years. Our firm’s founder, Mark V. Larson, is exactly the kind of lawyer your case demands. Call now for assistance in any oil field injury case.
- OSHA: https://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/employer-responsibility.html
- AFL-CIO: http://www.aflcio.org/Issues/Job-Safety/Death-on-the-Job-Report