Fargo Personal Injury Lawyers
A strong record of verdicts and settlements for accident victims in North Dakota
An accident can change your life in an instant. One moment, you’re driving down the highway looking forward to seeing your parents. The next moment, your parents are visiting you in the hospital because a drunk driver crashed into your car. Drivers, property owners, oil field companies, manufacturers, doctors, nursing homes, and employers all owe a duty of care to act responsibly. When accidents happen, negligent individuals and companies should be held liable for the injuries and deaths they cause.
At Larson Law Firm, P.C., we have been fighting for accident victims for more than 40 years. Our Fargo injury attorneys work aggressively to show how the accident happened, and to determine who is responsible. We work with your doctors and our network of doctors to show just how devastating your injuries are. Our record of success includes many results for more than one million dollars, for hundreds of thousands of dollars, and for the insurance policy limits. Call us today to assert your right to full compensation.
How can we help?
What types of accident claims do you handle in Fargo?
Every type of accident case involves different legal and practical issues. At Larson Law Firm, P.C., our Fargo personal injury lawyers have the experience, skills, and resources to handle the following types of accident claims:
Whether you’re driving on Interstate 29, Interstate 94, a state road, or our local avenues or streets, there’s always the chance of a vehicle accident. Our Fargo personal injury lawyers represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists, and families when anyone in Fargo is injured or killed due to a:
- Car accident. We handle all types of Fargo car accidents, including head-on crashes, broadsides, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, construction accidents, Uber and Lyft accidents, single-vehicle accidents, and multi-vehicle accidents.
- Truck accident. We handle jackknives, rollovers, cargo spills, blind spot accidents, underrides, wide-turn accidents, and accidents that are similar to the way car accidents happen. We have a long history of fighting for injured truck drivers, as well as folks driving passenger vehicles.
- Motorcycle accident. Motorcycle accidents are often deadly or cause serious injuries because a motorcycle provides little protection to the rider. We handle accidents caused by drivers who fail to respect motorcycles, drunk drivers, distracted drivers, tired drivers, and many other types of negligent drivers.
- Pedestrian accident. Our lawyers represent pedestrians and their families when a motorist fails to stop or yield the right of way at intersections, violates any traffic laws, or causes a pedestrian accident along the path of a road or in a parking lot.
- Bicycle accident. We fight for bicycle riders and families when drivers cause crosswalk accidents, accidents while bicyclists are legally using the road, and accidents due to other causes.
- Recreational vehicle accident. Our Fargo personal injury lawyers handle claims involving side-by-side crashes, ATV accidents, snowmobile accidents, boating collisions, waterskiing accidents, and jet ski and wakeboarding accidents.
- Railroad accident. We work to show that passengers and others were injured due to railroad operator negligence, crossing malfunctions, obstructed sightlines, railroad crossing alarm malfunctions, and other causes.
Our lawyers understand the laws and challenges that apply when property owners, professionals, and other businesses fail to comply with business codes, industry standards, and other safety procedures. We are skilled at handling the following types of Fargo personal injury claims:
- Wrongful death claims. Tragically, many accidents in Fargo cause a loved one to die. We file wrongful death claims on behalf of the eligible family members against the defendants who caused your loved one to die. We seek all the economic and personal damages the law permits.
- Premises liability accidents. Property owners owe a duty of care to their customers and legal visitors to regularly inspect and repair their property. We fight for victims of slip and fall accidents, negligent security assaults, swimming pool accidents, construction site accidents, dog bites, and other accidents.
- Product defects. Manufacturers can be held strictly liable if their products are defective, and the defects cause accidents and injuries. We handle defects including vehicle parts, Roundup and toxic chemicals, electronic products, children’s products, household items, machinery, power tools, equipment for oil field and construction work, farm equipment, and many other products.
- Oilfield accidents. Our Fargo personal injury lawyers represent victims of oil rig collapses, oilfield fires and explosions, oil derrick falls, blowouts, pipeline accidents, and other oilfield accidents.
- Farming accidents. We understand the federal and North Dakota laws that regulate the agricultural sector.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. We represent seniors who suffer physical, emotional, financial, or sexual abuse. We also represent victims who suffer injuries due to nursing home neglect.
- Medical malpractice. Our Fargo personal injury lawyers represent patients who are harmed due to an incorrect or delayed diagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, and other types of medical malpractice. We also represent families when a newborn suffers a birth injury.
What types of Fargo personal injury cases do you handle?
At Larson Law Firm, P.C., our Fargo personal injury lawyers represent accident victims who have catastrophic, permanent, and/or serious injuries. We work with your doctors to fully understand what injuries you have, what medical care you need, the cost of the medical care, how much pain you are experiencing, and every way your injuries are making your life difficult. We handle the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic amputations/Loss of limb
- Burn injuries
- Nerve damage
- Fatal injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Hearing and vision loss
- Children’s injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
How do you work to show a defendant is liable for my injuries?
The strongest settlements and jury verdicts are obtained when each phase of your accident claim is handled completely, competently, and persuasively. Our Fargo personal injury lawyers are skilled at handling each phase of your case. These phases include:
- Investigating how the accident happened.
- Speaking with any eyewitnesses and the police.
- Conducting discovery, which consists of orally questioning the defendants and anyone with information about your accident, submitting written questions to the defendants, and reviewing any relevant physical evidence. Physical evidence may include videos, electronic log records, smartphone data, contracts, and other types of evidence.
- Working with professionals, including industry experts, engineers, product safety experts, traffic reconstruction professionals, building code officials, financial professionals, doctors, and other experts.
- Reviewing the relevant federal, state, and local laws.
- Preparing a formal demand letter.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies.
- Trying your case before a local jury.
In many cases, we file claims against more than one defendant.
How much is my personal injury claim worth in Fargo?
Our Fargo personal injury lawyers prepare demand letters after the investigation and discovery phases of your case are complete. We demand compensation for all the financial and economic damages that North Dakota law permits. Accident victims are entitled to claim compensation for all their current and future damages, including:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of emergency transport, ER care, hospitalizations, surgeries, doctor visits, rehabilitative care, medications, and assistive devices
- Lost wages, income, and benefits including income loss due to a permanent disability
- Your daily physical pain and emotional suffering
- Loss of bodily function or consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
We also file wrongful death claims if a loved one died due to the fault of others. Wrongful death damages include funeral and burial costs, the loss of financial support the decedent would have provided the family members, the mental and emotional anguish of the family members, the loss of companionship, society, and other damages.
How soon should I file my Fargo personal injury claim?
The statutes of limitation for personal injury claims vary depending on the type of accident claim you have.
- Personal injury actions (including accident and product liability claims) must be filed within six years from the date of the accident.
- Medical malpractice claims must be filed within two years from the date of the negligence. The time limit may be extended if the act or omission was not discoverable.
- Wrongful death claims must be filed within two years from the date the claim accrues, normally, the date of the accident. Some extensions may apply.
It is critical that you contact our office as soon as possible. Do not wait the full statute of limitations. The sooner we can investigate the accident site, speak with witnesses, and talk to your doctors, the stronger the case we can present.
Do you have a personal injury lawyer near me?
We make it as easy as possible for clients to discuss their personal injury claims with us. We meet accident victims and families at our Fargo office located at 3220 South 18th Street, Suite 8C. We also have law offices in Minot and Bismarck.
Our lawyers also meet clients at their homes or a hospital if they are too ill or immobile to come to our office. We also conduct video conferences by appointment.
We understand how traumatic it is to file a personal injury claim. Rest assured that we will calmly and clearly guide you through each phase of the claims process. Many claims do settle. We are always ready to try your case before a jury.
Speak with our respected Fargo personal injury lawyers today
Accident victims worry about whether their health will ever return to normal. They worry about their ability to pay their bills. At Larson Law Firm, P.C., our Fargo personal lawyers have earned the respect of former clients, insurance companies, and defense lawyers for our ability to fight for accident victims from the initial investigation and the discovery process to the preparation of the formal demand letter, the settlement negotiations, and a jury trial. We are strong advocates for accident victims and the families of anyone who was killed due to the fault of others. Call us now or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We handle personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis.