Standing up for the legal rights of injured accident victims
In North Dakota, truck accidents during sugar beet harvest are a common occurrence on highways. According to the North Dakota Highway Patrol, farm vehicles are exempt from obtaining a commercial driver’s license and are allowed to drive farm trucks to deliver the beets. During harvest season, sugar beet crops have to be delivered in a timely manner, immediately after they are picked, so drivers are under pressure to meet quick delivery deadlines. Between their truck driving inexperience and pressure to deliver on time, sugar drivers make careless, reckless mistakes on the road which results in fatal accidents and injuries. At Larson Law Firm, P.C., our skilled truck accident attorneys represent personal injury clients in Minot and throughout North Dakota. With more than 36 years of litigation experience, we are committed to seeking full recovery for injuries and damages resulting from a sugar beet truck accident.
Causes of sugar beet truck crashes
Since sugar beet trucks are large and unwieldy compared to cars, drivers have difficulty maneuvering them safely on the roads. These are common factors involved in sugar beet truck accidents:
- Speeding due to quick delivery schedules
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or prescription drugs
- Unsafe passing and merging
- Inadequate truck driving experience
- Mechanical failure, such as faulty brakes and tire defects
If you or a loved one were seriously injured, or you have lost a loved one in a sugar beet truck accident, you are legally entitled to file a personal injury claim. As leading North Dakota truck accident attorneys, we are prepared to go to court if necessary to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
What to do after a truck accident
If you are involved in a truck accident, we recommend following these steps below to ensure that your legal rights are protected, especially if you are injured in the accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or passengers are injured. Call 911 for life threatening emergencies. Wait until emergency services arrive at the scene of the accident. Do not attempt to move any injured people.
- Call the police immediately to report the accident. When the authorities arrive, give them a factual, honest description of the truck accident. Try to remain as neutral as possible when answering questions about the other parties involved in the crash. Ask the police officer for a copy of the accident report for your files.
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved in the truck accident. Get their insurance and driver’s license information. If you are hit by a sugar beet truck, make sure to find out specific information about the truck cab, the trailer, and the trucking company or farm employer who owns the truck.
- Take photos of the accident scene and any damage to the truck and other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Don’t talk to their insurance companies, trucking companies or farm representatives without first consulting a lawyer. These companies want to settle as quickly as possible and they want to avoid paying the full amount you deserve, especially if your passengers are hurt in the accident.
If you suffered an injury as a result of a truck accident in North Dakota, it’s important to contact one of our injury lawyers immediately. When representing your case, our team of truck accident attorneys carefully analyze the evidence and interview all witnesses and parties involved.
Set up a free initial consultation with our Minot, North Dakota sugar beet truck accident attorneys today
At Larson Law Firm, P.C., we hold your hand every step of the way through the legal process. With more than 36 years winning personal injury cases, you can count on our North Dakota sugar beet truck accident attorneys for successful case results. To set up a free consultation today, contact us online or call 701-484-HURT.