Car, truck, motorcycle, and recreational vehicle crashes
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) reports that 94% of vehicle accidents are the result of human error. When you’re sharing the road with negligent drivers, you need to be aware of your surroundings, but you may not be able to stop someone else from doing the wrong thing.
- Car crashes. Our Bismarck car accident attorneys offer comprehensive counsel to drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicycle riders who sustained injuries because of:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Failure to pay attention to the elements including snow and ice
- Reckless driving
- Truck accidents. There are a lot of commercial vehicles making their way through our state on I-94 and US 83, which increases the risk of a serious truck accident. The majority of these accidents occurs near the Bakken oil field (Highway 23 seems especially dangerous) and around other oil-rich areas of the state. Driver fatigue plays a major role, but some believe that dangerous roadways are to blame. No matter what caused your collision with a big-rig, our Bismarck truck accident lawyers can help.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle accidents are often deadly; those that are not can cause catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal paralysis, or permanent scarring and disfigurement. This is because the rider has little protection other than possibly a helmet if a crash occurs. We file claims on behalf of riders and passengers injured because of:
- Driver negligence or carelessness
- Violating traffic laws
- Taking turns too widely
- Inexperienced motorcycle drivers
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Drivers of cars, trucks, and motorcycles who are intoxicated
We also represent clients who have sustained injuries while using the Capital Area Transit System, at the Bismarck Municipal Airport, or while crossing the BNSF tracks.
Did You Know?
There were 2,841 traffic accidents in Burleigh County in 2017, resulting in 775 injuries? That is the second-highest number of crashes, and the second highest number of injuries, in all of North Dakota. — NDDOT
Oil field injuries
North Dakota runs on oil and gas extraction. The industry is good for our state, but it poses a serious risk for workers. Whether you are in the patch or driving a truck, working as an independent pumper or constructing a pipeline, Larson Law Firm can help after you have been hurt. We represent oil field workers who have sustained injuries because of:
- Oil rig collapses
- Derrick falls
- Pipeline accidents
- Blow outs
- Site explosions
- Truck accidents
Our Bismarck burn injury lawyers represent victims of thermal, electric, chemical, steam, and other types of burns. We fight for clients when industrial, construction, or commercial accidents cause catastrophic injuries. If you have been burned on the job, or were hurt by a defective product, contact us today.
Third-party work injury claims
While many injured workers will seek workers’ compensation, there are cases where injured workers may need to file a personal injury lawsuit. Employees, independent contractors, and visitors to a work site can negligent parties accountable for:
- Defective equipment and machinery
- Scaffolding and ladders that are defective
- Open power lines
- Exposure to chemical toxins
- Construction zones and construction accidents
- Falling objects
- Any injury not due to employer negligence
Employers may be accountable directly to workers if they failed to follow federal and state safety laws.
Patients often hope for miracles. They realistically expect that doctors and health providers will help them get better. They have a right to expect that their condition won’t worsen after medical treatment. When hospitals, doctors, nurses, and others fail to provide competent medical care, we demand that they compensate our clients for their losses. Our Bismarck medical malpractice lawyers file claims for adults and on behalf of children for the following medical errors:
- Errors during surgery
- Mistakes during gestation, delivery, and post-delivery care of mothers and newborns
- Diagnostic mistakes
- Failure to prescribe the correct medications in the right dosages
- Mistakes in the emergency room
- Anesthesia malpractice
- Failure to obtain an informed consent
Property owners and managers owe their patrons and visitors a duty of care. Our Bismarck premises liability lawyers file claims when accidents cause you to sustain injuries. Most claims are brought against business owners who sell products or services. Organizations that provide free services or are nonprofits can also be held accountable. Common premises liability claims involve:
- Slips and falls
- Accidents due to poor lighting
- Attacks due to negligent security
- Falling objects
- Slippery floors
- Icy sidewalks
- Dog bites
Nursing home abuse and neglect
Seniors and their families have the right to expect that the facilities and staff will conduct routine inspections to make sure residents are safe. Residents have the right to expect they will be treated with respect and love. When the following types of abuse occur, our Bismarck attorneys file claims against the facilities and the responsible staff members:
- Neglect leading to bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration, and other injuries
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
Nursing homes can also be held liable when negligence causes a resident to fall, be struck by objects or other people, or to suffer any harm while on the property of the facility.
Manufacturers make good money from the sale of their products. They have a duty to make their products safe. When consumers or users of a product are injured or killed after using a product, they (or their families, in wrongful death cases), have the right to hold the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers liable. The main condition is that our Bismarck lawyers must show that the product was defective when it was used. We handle all types of product defect cases including:
- Defective medical devices
- Defective car, truck, and vehicle products
- Defective electronic products
- Medications that are defective
- Defective children’s products
Local resources in Bismarck
|Bismarck City Municipal Court
514 E Thayer Ave.
|US District Court
220 E Rosser Ave.
|Sanford Medical Center
300 N 7th St.
|CHI St. Alexius Health
900 E Broadway Ave.
|Mid Dakota Clinic
2700 State St.
|Bismarck Police Department
700 S 9th St.
|Bismarck Fire Department
1020 E. Central Ave.
Bismarck personal injury lawyers you can trust
Less than 2 mins drive from the North Dakota State Capitol building, Larson Law Firm, our team of lawyers and staff have the experience and resource to help Bismarck accident victims get justice. We fight aggressively to protect your rights and maximize your recovery. To schedule a free consultation with a Bismarck injury attorney, please call us at 701-638-3060 or complete our contact form.