Bismarck Product Liability Lawyers
Protecting clients who have been injured from using defective products throughout North Dakota
The companies that manufacture the products we use every day in every aspect of our lives owe a duty of care to the consumers who purchase and use those products. When a product is defective and causes injury, the injured person may have grounds for legal action against the product manufacturer.
At the Larson Law Firm P.C., our knowledgeable Bismarck defective product lawyers understand the complexities of proving the cause of your injuries and holding the responsible parties accountable. You are welcome to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case today.
Examples of defective products which have caused serious injury or death to consumers
There have been several, high-profile defective product cases that made headlines from the McDonald’s coffee injury, to the defective Takata airbags that injured and killed drivers and was the subject of the largest consumer product recall in recent history. Some examples of defective products that caused injuries and deaths include:
- Defective automotive parts such as exploding fuel tanks, faulty brakes, or airbags
- Defective motor vehicles
- Dangerous drugs that cause adverse effects and death such as Invokana or Avandia
- Defective medical devices that cause serious injury and require revision surgeries such as transvaginal mesh and IVC filters
- Dangerous toys and children’s products
- Defective tools and equipment
- Defective firearms
- Tobacco products that cause cancer and death
- Contaminated food that causes serious illness and death
What do I have to prove in a product liability case?
It is the task of the injured person to prove that the defective product was the direct cause of your injury. The central elements in proving product liability include:
- You used the product appropriately and according to the instructions
- The product was defective
- You sustained an injury while you were using the product
- The product’s defect was the direct cause of your injury
Your experienced Bismarck defective product lawyer investigates your case and gathers the evidence required to prove that the product defect is the direct cause of your injury. If your case is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
What are the different types of product liability cases?
Product liability is a subset of personal injury law which deals with holding manufacturers accountable when their defective products cause injury and death to consumers. There are three major categories within product liability cases such as:
- Design defect: The defect in these products is found in the design stage of product development. A flaw in the product’s design is responsible for its inability to function properly and for the injuries resulting from its use. An example of a design defect might be a circular saw that did not include a guard to prevent injuring the user.
- Manufacturing defect: In these cases, the product’s defect was introduced in the manufacturing process. An inferior batch of materials, a malfunctioning machine or a breakdown in the inspection process among countless other factors could be the cause of the defect. In the defective Takata airbag cases, it was a combination of a design defect and a manufacturing defect which made the airbags explode with tremendous velocity and cause serious injury and death when the internal parts exploded into the face, neck, and torso of drivers.
- Marketing defect: Also called, “failure to warn,” a marketing defect is related to inadequate warning or instructions about the known dangers inherent in using the product. An example of a failure to warn defect might be in the case of a defective drug where the manufacturer was aware of adverse side effects but failed to include a warning on the product’s label.
How can a Bismarck product liability lawyer help my case?
Proving that the product’s defect was the direct cause of your injury is not a simple task. You will require the services of experienced defective product lawyers to thoroughly investigate your case, review your medical records, and develop a sound legal strategy to win your case. They negotiate with the attorneys for the insurance companies, who are determined to make sure that you recover as little compensation as possible or none.
While this may be your first time dealing with an injury from a defective product, our Bismarck product defect lawyers have years of experience helping many clients before you recover the compensation they need. You can rely on us to fight for you and protect your interests against the insurance company who intends to leave you high and dry.
How much is my defective product injury case worth?
This is a question that many new clients ask at their initial consultation, but it is not a question we can answer with any accuracy early on in your case. This is because every case is different. There are many factors which must be considered when it comes to valuing an injury case such as the severity of your injuries, your medical expenses now and in the future, lost time at work, and whether any of your injuries will be permanent or inhibit your ability to work. Other factors include the pain you are dealing with from your injuries, both physical and emotional.
Your product defect lawyer will discuss the specifics of your case and give you a general idea of the value of your case, but there are no guarantees that it will be the final number.
How does my Bismarck product liability lawyer get paid?
We take product liability cases on contingency. This means that you do not pay attorney fees until we have recovered compensation for you. The attorney fees are a portion of the total settlement amount or jury verdict. So, you never have to worry about paying high retainer fees to benefit from the services of an experienced Bismarck product liability attorney.
- Product Liability Claims for Defective Hunting Equipment
- Defective Cataract Drug Leads to Permanent Vision Loss
- North Dakota’s Motorized Scooter and Electric Bicycle Laws
Work with an experienced North Dakota product liability lawyer today
Proving that your injury was caused by a defective product can be complicated. Fortunately, you can have the services of an experienced Bismarck product liability lawyer by your side. The Larson Law Firm P.C. has the legal team to fight for your interests and obtain just compensation for your injuries. Contact our Bismarck, North Dakota law firm or call us at 701-484-HURT to meet with an experienced product liability lawyer for a free initial consultation.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Bismarck attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
|Personal Injury||Car Accidents||Trucking Accidents|
|Motorcycle Accident||Product Liability||Premises Liability|
|Medical Malpractice||Nursing Home Negligence||Workplace Injury|
Bizmarck Office Location
Larson Law Firm P.C.
1022 E. Divide Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58501